LinkedIn: Philippa Daly
Assistant Editor, Indesign Magazine
Assistant Editor, Boiling Point
Editorial Assistant, Indesign Group
Online Contributor, Apia Tennis
Production Co-ordinator, IMG
Internship, Sky News Room
Production Assistant, Rolex
Internship, Seven Network Australia
Skills in the Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Audacity as well as Final Cut Pro
Content knowledge of website control and all social media channels: WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and HootSuite
WORK EXPERIENCE DETAILS
Assistant Editor & Editorial Assistant - Indesign Magazine
March 2013 – June 2014
In a time when magazines are rapidly changing and readers are becoming more discretionary, I began my position as Assistant Editor at Indesign magazine during an important transition period. My involvement on the magazine was split across its print and online platforms, where I worked across aspects including;
- Developing the ‘Indesign’ brand alongside the wider changes in the publishing industry - Engaging clients in new methods of brand integration to replace the stagnant nature of print’s traditional ‘advertorial’ formats; - Developing and conceptualizing concepts for editorial and sponsored photo shoots, and; - Sourcing stories unique to the industry and Indesign’s print and online readers.
My time as Assistant Editor, and as Editorial Assistant before this, showed me that to create a richer brand experience, you must learn to play the strengths of both print and digital media.
Assistant Online Content Editor - APIA Sydney International Tennis Tournament
January - February 2013
For this tournament I assisted in developing and managing content for APIA Sydney International’s website, which primarily involved increasing the site’s online traffic. This was achieved through a number of initiatives including;
- The maintained programming of editorial and sponsored content to drive online traffic strategies; - Linking the site with the tournament’s wider on-air and off-line marketing and promotional activities, and; - Working with the tournament’s directors and PR team to maintain the vision, voice and brand direction of the event online.
This role required me to possess a solid understanding of online communications and their accessibility, and the importance of delivering high quality content and information.
Production and Sponsorship Co-ordinator - Sydney New Years Eve Telecast 2012
IMG (International Management Group)
November 2012 – January 2013
The annual broadcast of the Sydney New Years Eve’s fireworks is one of biggest tourism campaigns for both Destination NSW and the City of Sydney. My role on this telecast meant ensuring any produced segments complemented and enhanced the tourism strategies of the telecast’s two largest sponsors. This included;
- Integration of key figures and events (Legally Blonde the Musical, Indigenous Performance Group Blaze and the Opera House) to drive Destination NSW’s and the City of Sydney’s wider marketing strategies; - Co-ordinating execution of sponsorship contracts by communicating directing with producers and various broadcast units, and; - Cultivating sponsor relationships through engaged and timely feedback.
Liaising with all members of the production team, this role also included sourcing and co-ordinating client briefs for presenters and storywriters to ensure correct sponsored placement.
Intern – Sky News Room Australia
Sky News Australia
February 2012 – July 2012
As one of the leading sources of global news and information services, Sky News Australia is viewed by over 2.5 million people daily. And during my time at the Sky News Internship Programme, I worked to continuously grow and develop this network through;- Producing original news content, through researching, writing and editing scripts, also while overseeing editing tasks; - Presenting organized, understandable, topical and attention-grabbing newscasts for programming, and; - Reviewing a content of stories for editorial mistakes or technical errors to ensure the delivery of quality programming.
Production Assistant Rolex Sydney Hobart 2012
December 2011 – January 2012 (2 months) & December 2009 - January 2010
For two years of the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Race, I primarily ensured that all relevant Rolex branded and event campaign plans were delivered on time with supported media attention. This involved;- Planning, developing and implementing online content campaigns to bring the event to life; - Pre-event idea generation and exploration to enhance Rolex’s creative brand strategies, and; - Developing online and offline media initiatives to support the event’s communications.
Intern – ‘The One’, Reality Television
Seven Network Limited
June 2011 – July 2011 (2 months)
Since 2007, the Seven Network has been the highest rated television network in Australia; this reality TV show – ‘The One: The Search for Australia’s Most Gifted Psychic’ was viewed by some 1 million people. My time on this production involved initial research and planning for the shows ‘challenge’ segments, co-ordinating and supervising location shoots and assisting the Production Manager with schedules.
- House Bruce Alexander
- TT Apartment Singapore
- Caroline Casey and Composite Materials
- Reflected Glory
- Indesign 56 Evolve
- Living Trans
- Indesign #55 Client Content
- Indesign 55 Evolve
- Influences: Archrival
- Designer Rugs & North Shore Interiors Advertorial
- Habitus 21 Design News
- Cass Brothers & DiEmme Advertorials
© 2014 Philippa Daly, Portfolio of Works